These are some of my favorite spots on my first trip to Madrid. I stayed in the neighborhood Las Letras which is super central and close to everything. This is also the neighborhood where Spain's greatest literati have lived.
- Museo Nacional Thyssen-Bornemisza - Definitely my favorite museum in Madrid so far. It's the second largest private collection of art in the world.
- Museo Sorolla - SO SO sad I ran out of time to go here. Go!
- Prado - The main national Spanish art museum.
- Reina sofia - Check out Picasso's Guernica.
- Palacio de Crystal - Walk through the beautiful Buen Retiro Park to arrive to the glass palace.
- El Imparcial - Cutest ground floor gift shop, gorgeous second floor restaurant!
- Sala Equis - Next door to El Imparcial is this hidden theater with a full bar and tapas. Watch a movie and chat in this super cool space!
- Sabores de Espana - Stop here for a quick vermut and a snack of tasty spicy olives and other tapas. Huge selection of tiny beers too!
- Hola Coffee - As seen in Vogue - super delicious cafe con leche + pistachio lemon cake.
- Central Cafe - Live jazz every night.
Toledo - Take a day trip here! Super easy to rent a car and drive one hour to tour the Cathedral, eat some marzipan, and take in the view with a drink at Parador de Toledo.